Why should you learn Big Data and Hadoop?
Since the emergence of big data, companies have started using it massively. Big data is not just helpful in analytics but is the primary concept acting behind the development of cutting-edge technologies. Therefore candidates who have Hadoop mentioned on their resumes are more likely get high-paying jobs in top MNCs.
What are the Prerequisites for learning Hadoop?
There is no pre-requisite to take this Big Data training and to master Hadoop. But basics of UNIX, SQL and java would be good. At Indovision, we provide complimentary UNIX and Java course with our Big Data certification training to brush-up the required skills so that you are good on you Hadoop learning path.
Industries using Big data Hadoop?
The top companies using BIG DATA HADOOP are:
• Yahoo (One of the biggest user & more than 80% code contributor to Hadoop)
These top-level companies demand professionals having expertise in Big Data Hadoop and reward them with superb packages and good career growth. Hence, students should join Indovision for Big Data Hadoop training to fulfill their career demands.
History of Big data Hadoop?
Hadoop was invented by Doug Cutting, the creator of Apache Lucene, the widely used text search library. Following are the major events that led to the creation of the stable version of Hadoop that’s available.
• 2003 – Google launches project Nutch to handle billions of searches and indexing millions of web pages.
• Oct 2003 – Google releases papers with GFS (Google File System)
• Dec 2004 – Google releases papers with MapReduce
• 2005 – Nutch used GFS and MapReduce to perform operations
• 2006 – Yahoo! created Hadoop based on GFS and MapReduce (with Doug Cutting and team)
• 2007 – Yahoo started using Hadoop on a 1000 node cluster
• Jan 2008 – Apache took over Hadoop
• Jul 2008 – Tested a 4000 node cluster with Hadoop successfully
• 2009 – Hadoop successfully sorted a petabyte of data in less than 17 hours to handle billions of searches and indexing millions of web pages.
• Dec 2011 – Hadoop releases version 1.0
• Aug 2013 – Version 2.0.6 is available
Who should go for this course?
Market for Big Data analytics is growing across the world and this strong growth pattern translates into a great opportunity for all the IT Professionals.
Here are the few Professional IT groups, who are continuously enjoying the benefits moving into Big data domain:
Developers and Architects
BI /ETL/DW professionals
Senior IT Professionals
Hadoop practitioners are among the highest paid IT professionals today with salaries ranging till $85K (source: indeed job portal), and the market demand for them is growing rapidly.