What is CCNP’s course summary?
CCNP Routing and Switching builds on the CCNA curriculum with in-depth study of advanced routing and switching for converged voice, video, and data enterprise networks. The CCNP Routing and Switching curriculum consists of three 70-hour courses: ROUTE, SWITCH, and TSHOOT.
- Develop an in-depth understanding and theoretical knowledge of advanced routing and switching.
- Study with an instructor in the classroom and access expert content online anytime.
- Practice what you learn using real equipment, and get immediate feedback on your work through quizzes and tests.
- Prepare for the workplace with collaborative projects and presentations.
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
What are the industries demands for CCNP expert?
CCNP is one of the most respected Intermediate level Certification in the technological world. There are a lot of employment opportunities in this field because of numerous technical glitches in the industry, and the industries require proper and suitable solution of networking immediately. Hence the demand for CCNP professionals is quite large.
The need for IT professionals
- Will double by 2018, which means greater employment scope
- Enhanced networking skills in voice, security, and wireless will help the professionals fetch greater pay package in top MNCs. Enhanced networking skills in voice, security, and wireless will help the professionals fetch greater pay package in top MNCs.
What are the prerequisites for CCNP?
Who should do this course?
The course is ideal for IT technicians and entry-level engineers aspiring to advance their career in the networking field. The training is best suited for Network Specialists, Network Administrators, Network Engineers, System Engineers, Network Support Specialists, Network Administrators, Network Consultants and System Integrators.
What is a history of CCNP?
The brief history of CCNP can be explained with the help of timeline:
- 1998: CCNP introduced with ACRC, CLSC, CMTD, and CIT (topics included in this was
- Routing, Switching, WAN, Troubleshooting etc.)
- 2001: Revision was done and new topics such as BCN, BCMSN, BCRAN, and CIT.
- 2006: Again revision took place in which ISCW (Security, Internet Access) and ONT (WLANs, and QoS) was added and CIT was removed.
- 2010: Revision took place in which ISCW and ONT were removed and Tshoot was added and renaming of others to route and switch was done.
Which companies use CCNP?
Advance networking which involves routing, switching and trouble shooting is carried out by a lot of powerful networking companies. Some of them which have prominence in the field is:
CCNP is a highly technical skilled professional, hence these companies have excellent research and development labs, and superb infrastructure to hone the skills of the employees, Therefore students should strive to get the certification of CCNP to be expert network professional.